…Love is a sensitive emotion and one must treat it as a gift to be appreciated for eternity. Sharing an experience of love in a free verse poetry and expressing it through a digital art piece. I am a romantic in this love emotion.
Today was a different day.
There was this need, this urgency in him.
I was to watch his dog so that he could use all the
daylight he could squeeze out of one day,
and he didn’t want to leave
the old dog home anymore.
For, Rocky’s days were numbered.
I greeted him with an embrace.
But he wouldn’t let go.
He planted his lips firmly on mine
as if he was never to kiss me again.
It left me stunned;
this glaze came over his baby blue eyes.
He whispered: “I need you, baby!”
I had pushed him away,
leaving space on the table of love.
I wanted to see if he had missed my presence.
And he did, it felt good.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry EbOOK: My first 50 poems eBook “1ST EDITION” of “Impressions of My Mind” Poetry eBook! Now available—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Art2Go Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media:
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—