…We face at times, the hardest struggle of letting go. We have high expectations of what love should be, and it is not surrendered. One comes to the crossroad of choices. I have come there twice in my lifetime, and I chose to love myself instead. A free verse poetry and digital art piece for my friend who is at those crossroads of love.
Thinking of you…
Last night when you called;
I heard heaviness in your voice,
the weighted sigh.
As if you were searching
for answers, I couldn’t give.
I have stood in that place too.
I have faced crossroads of love.
You open your soul to love,
but touching your skin
was enough for her.
You wanted more.
It’s hard to let go, my darling friend.
But the rain must fall
so another seedling of love can rise,
in the soften place of your soul instead.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—