Heartache can create a waterfall effect. Don’t you agree?
In this free verse poetry, I try to display the emotions of heartache and how I felt a few times of my life and the profound affect it had on my heart and mind. It can be as painful as death, or more.
I pried it from my heart.
It wanted to hold its grip so tightly.
Darkness: that compressed itself
within my ribcage.
It didn’t want to let go.
Oh God! How it hurt.
I could feel myself suffocating.
Lungs BEING squeezed.
This thing had to go.
This heartache needed releasing.
I pried its dead feelings…from this broken vessel.
I pulled those gripping fingers from me.
I exhaled. I breathed.
I open my eyes.
Waterfalls spilled to the ground
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Waterfall of Heartache|
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
Temporary…a limited period of time.