In this free verse poetry “Awaiting the Dawn”.
I try to soothe my sadness by speaking to it like it is my sweetheart. We sit in the darkness awaiting the morning light. Too many of us know how we can grip upon our sadness and not want to release it.
Go away! Sadness.
You brought upon the night.
It’s here. In these wee hours.
Save your black thunderclouds.
There’s always another day.
Pry your talons from my heart.
This city holds its blankets across rising chests,
and others are infected with sweet lullabies,
while I am here awaiting the dawn.
It comes in small doses.
Stretching its yellow fingers,
scratching my cold surfaces.
A warm blanket has fallen,
upon prickling skin.
I grin. Take my hand Sorrow.
For, today is not yours.
I will hide you in the shadows.
Unseen from prying eyes.
For there you must stay until I ask you to come softly.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Awaiting the Dawn|
A free verse poetry
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
Final…is the goodbye of sadness.