In this free verse poetry “Talking Sparrows”.
I try to simulate the pain of heartache over a breakup in a relationship with a lover, how walking the pain through steps of a densely wooded forest is soothing. Breakups with ones we love can be so painful. But there is hope for the brokenhearted.
I cried the pain and the petals of me.
And I awakened the presence of quietness and the forest.
With each step, I watched floating boats.
Drift softly to the ground.
And for a moment, I felt it falling how fascinating
I wanted to hold it forever and appreciate its simplicity.
What happened to me, to me.
Why it happened to me, to me.
So I wanted to absorb in its depths of scenery.
I wanted to appreciate the beauty behind darken shadows.
And stand in the shadows and watch the streaming light-
I never thought how compelling the particles were, between tree limbs.
I never thought how it erases the pain he left me with.
In this utopia, I could get lost.
Live and hide under the eaves of branches.
Live and hide in the sound of talking sparrows.
Live and hide in this forest where I can say that I own it.
Live and hide in this forest where the whispering of the wind
and leaves welcome me…when I awake.
I wanted to be lost in this forest where I could walk softly, slowly with time.
And I am glad that my pain is gone.
And joy begins to soothe my heart again.
—get lost in a place of hope where you can cry that you’re fine.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Art2Go Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
#talking sparrows #hope #quietness #forest