In this free verse poetry “A Farce of the Humorous.”
I wanted to describe the role of a comedian, some think of her as a farce or buffoon if weren’t to know of her love for comedy and her work. Maybe you can read this explanation through this piece of poetry. Adding a digital art piece to delight the eyes too. Happy Thursdays Beautiful People!
She made a buffoonery of herself.
A farce of the humorous.
But she was magical.
A contagious—light always beckoning.
Begging the eyes for a view.
The ears to listen to and when you did.
The results were always the same.
First just a smile. Then. The thunderous sound of this laughter.
She held the crowd under siege,
The way She placed words
between her teeth, and how her body shifted.
After the first line, she held them in a trance.
Addicted to her words and laughter.
The faces she made as she told each story,
left many tears streaming upon THEIR faces.
Then a hush came over the crowd,
as she pronounced, this is the last one.
They screamed for more, more, and more.
A great comedian was she.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|A Farce of Humorous|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
#afarceofhumorous #farce #comedy #comedian #poetry #dailyprompt #comic
Farce – a light dramatic composition marked by broadly satirical comedy and improbable plot or the broad humor.