In this free verse poetry “Silence Speaks Words
One can feel the pain of loss, of the weight of the heaviness, felt in the heart. In the poem below, I try to describe that loss I felt when I lost my husband to bone cancer. I wanted to fill his lungs again with air, to strip the pain he had suffered going through this cancer. I watched each day as it stole the very essence of life from him. It left me in awe of how precious life is, to enjoy every moment you can take to breathe, to laugh, to love.
I believe silence has words.
Uttered in a defiance of a void.
A black hole.
It’s not the noise that will haunt you.
But that space which carries more weight,
then a rock itself.
It’s the things not said.
It’s the things of time.
The things that slowly fade.
Without that weighted word of goodbye!
It’s the last breath you can’t bring back.
Wishing lungs would fill with air.
The eyes are overflowing.
And the heart is breaking in two.
Silence DOES speak words.
And a part of you remains.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Silence Speaks Words|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
#silencespeakswords #loss #life # #poetry #introtopoetry #death #enjoylife