In this free verse poetry “Smile Back at Me”.
Are you guilty of becoming so busy with life, so in tune to our cell phones that we get lost in the busyness of life, that we overlook the gorgeous blue towering above our heads, or the smell of a fresh pink rose in bloom…Blessing us with its perfume? I am guilty of this sometimes, are you? A little free verse poetry and digital art piece to ponder over.
~Smile Back at Me ~
Today, was just like any other day.
I run to the store for a few supplies.
People are mulling in
and out of the storefront entrance.
Something was missing though.
The sky screamed a brilliantly blue.
The weather was phenomenal;
my skin had a glow to it too.
It was the first hot day of Spring.
Colorful flowers poked their heads up,
with soft petals, saying Hello.
Thought I inhaled my first essence.
Of fragrance eroding from heated petals.
But it was still missing.
I looked at the faces I was passing.
A mirage of pale and black, I smiled at them, but no reply.
Is the world an ugly place for them,
have they not felt how the air changes,
when the rain comes pouring in.
Have they not laid upon their backs.
Watched a shooting star fall to the ground.
Or how small the world looks
from 10,000 feet up in an airplane,
and looking down from the window.
Maybe they never rose in the early dawn
just to watch the sun pass the moon.
Maybe, if they’d enjoyed any of this,
Would bright smiles shine instead?
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Smile Back at Me|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
#smilebackatme #smile #life # #poetry #introtopoetry #smiles #enjoylife
Reprieve … a period of relief from pain, trouble.