A free verse poetry “A Brassy Silence”.
Don’t sometimes ya just want to scream, because your insides are hurting? Your heart is breaking, you’re hoping your someone special will listen, take notice. Sometimes the loudest noise you can make is to say nothing. Somehow that quietness speaks volumes.
Her brassy silence was harsh and loud.
It could penetrate the hidden,
a dark place of his mind.
He seemed lost, she could see it in his eyes.
She’d tried to plant the seeds there.
Those seeds, so filled with love.
Some scattered on empty ears,
and others on the outside of his ribs.
So silence became, and was the noise he could hear.
Sometimes her saying nothing,
was her way of saying everything.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|A Brassy Silence|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Poetry – Talking Sparrows
- Poetry – Survive and Thrive, Red Rose
- Poetry – Tears of Her Heart
- Poetry: My Flaming SongBird
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
poetry, daily prompt, silence, a brassy silence, post a day, listen, heartache, relationships