In this free verse poetry, “Smiling Origami Swan”.
Life challenges can reduce us to nothing, people can be cruel. Struggles can be weighted rocks taking us to a dark blue. But life can also be viewed in perspective moments and we can accept the bitter pieces and turn them into beautiful blessings. Polish your life skills and take every life lesson and own it with a smile.
Folded like an origami swan.
Was her life of creases and lines,
so infinite but yet so small.
Nothing but a fleck on a small wall.
Sorry was a word she learned from being a burden,
and mistake for sucking up space.
And so she folded into her introvert place.
A universe ripped at her creases,
and frayed her sharpened corners.
Reduced to bits of paper, of moments,
scattered across a surface.
A fierce wind swept her into the air
and her pieces dispersed across leaves,
branches and blue.
High above, all below,
she saw a different kind of beauty,
the kind of world which she’d lived deprived of life.
With emotive eyes, she looked at the color,
and the life she’d been denied.
And she realized sorry’s were a waste of time,
and taking space meant it was her’s to be alive.
Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Smiling Origami Swan|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
- Poetry – Talking Sparrows
- Poetry – Survive and Thrive, Red Rose
- Poetry – Tears of Her Heart
- Poetry: My Flaming SongBird
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
poetry, daily prompt, smiling origami swan, humanity, post a day, love, life challenges, darkness, poetry recital on SoundCloud, beautiful blessings, life lessons