A free verse poetry, “Flecks of Hope.”
Sometimes, we build walls around our hearts, so much that we shut out the light. Darkness seems to hold a place. Shadowing anger, bitterness, and more. People come into our lives in the hope of love, friendship or more. But we can’t see past our darkness. The heart has become crisp or brittle to the sensitivity of love.
I can forge a place within ribs.
Light the darkness that resides there.
Peel away the scars that have shut you down.
Cause I have this small flame,
within palms of hands.
But it needs an ember to help it rise higher.
Do you have room in that dark space?
Can I help you start a flicker?
I’ll flick the match and lace it with hope.
I’ll burn canvas paper to create smoke.
Are you there behind those baby blues?
I see shadows, but there are flecks of hope too.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Flecks of Hope|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
- Poetry – Talking Sparrows
- Poetry – Survive and Thrive, Red Rose
- Poetry – Tears of Her Heart
- Poetry: My Flaming SongBird
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
poetry, daily prompt, flecks of hope, humanity, post a day, love, life challenges, darkness, poetry recital on SoundCloud, hope, life lessons, crisp or brittle