In this free verse poetry, “Stardust in Her Veins”.
You’ll want to appreciate everything around you. How the moon looks so brilliant with its illuminance, how stars are numbered. How the rain smells like a fresh new start. How the flowers stand out so colorfully, for your viewing. A free verse poetry and digital art piece simulating all this and more.
She was just a girl made of sun and moon.
Who can make flowers bloom
from the light, she holds within.
With every step she takes,
she leaves seeds in her wake.
She’s quiet on the outside,
but sunlight shines through her ribcage.
She’s quite shy, for the Moon only rises when
she tiptoes across the night.
But she’s what sprinkles stars,
in the blackest of a sky.
I’ve heard others say, that there’s stardust in her veins.
And when she hurts, you’ll see shooting stars.
And if you listen when the day is bright,
you can hear her whispering to trees.
Her song is a tender song of nature.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Smiling Origami Swan|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
- Poetry – Talking Sparrows
- Poetry – Survive and Thrive, Red Rose
- Poetry – Tears of Her Heart
- Poetry: My Flaming SongBird
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
poetry, daily prompt, stardust in her veins, humanity, post a day, love, appreciation for the beauty of nature, poetry recital on SoundCloud, beautiful blessings, nature