A free verse poetry “Puncture Wounds of the Heart.”
I express love. A piece of poetry for the memories of loved one’s we’ve lost, to always remember their laughter, smiles, experiences forever embedded in our hearts. You are loved and missed. And may you be running through the fields of wildflowers laughing into the sunshine.
He left a puncture wound in my heart.
Mind you, not the kind that you could see red.
It was invisible to a naked eye.
It was gaping, deep inside.
It was dark and gray. It was a sad feeling.
But yet, the sun still shined in blue.
Flowers too, so brilliant that I could tweak a smile.
He didn’t mean to leave me this way.
He tried like hell to stay.
But he was fighting a battle inside,
the kind I couldn’t protect him.
I gave him all my red I could pour,
from one heart to another.
I embraced him, laced him with it.
But it wasn’t enough. It was my sweethearts time to go.
To the heavens above.
I know one day that this puncture wound will close.
And I also know, never completely.
But I can feel the wound is a little smaller.
It’s getting better, cause I can now see stars
in the night skies and see the moon when he smiles in heaven.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Puncture Wounds of the Heart|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
poetry, puncture wounds of the heart, free verse, grief,
loss of loved ones, daily prompt, family, friends