In this free verse poetry, “View From an Open Door.”
Reflecting back on moments, we ponder upon choices. Where would we be if we had done this or that? Would we be in a better place, or worse. We need to fall and then rise with a better reflection of what should be.
View It From an Open Door
I think back.
What brought me to this place?
This place I occupy now.
It’s mine. I own it.
Of all the lessons.
Of all the blessings.
Of moments I fell and fell hard.
It was the moment it counted.
Once lost, but now found.
Clarity rose in my eyes and soul.
Eyes that once filled with tears.
Learning not to fear, fear itself.
I was scared of the darkness,
but in reality, I was just seeking the light.
And to know of loss is because
I’d seen happiness before.
I might have thought this world ugly.
Had I not view it from an open door.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|View It From an Open Door|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also.
- Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.