In this challenge prompt, “To Fib or Not to Fib!”
Join our 1st challenge prompt, “the fibonacci poetry challenge” where you can have the chance to be in my poetry eBook and win, win, win, an opportunity for one of my designer coffee mugs. Follow the instructions below…
Today, we are going to create what is called a “Fibonacci Poetry.” In clearer or a shorter term, it’s called “Fibs.” With Fibs, we join poetry and numbers.
From the math geeks point of view, it’s where math and poetry collide. If you want to read more information on this unique form of poetry, look here… Fun With Fibs 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, now granted the slang for fibs is to tell a lie or string of lies. But that’s not what we have here, do we?
The Fibonacci sequence works like this. “The number of syllables in each line of the poem is the sum of the previous two lines: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8. “The constrained form makes you very conscious of word choice.” – PoetryFoundation.Org
Here’s My Example of a Fibonacci Poetry:
Voice Of words.
Improper as hell.
Influenced by creativity.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
A fibonacci poetry.
Today’s Weekly Challenge Word: is “SLANG.”
Rules to join the Challenge Prompt:
If ONE wants to participate in the weekly prompts here:
- Publish a NEW POST on your WordPress Blog using the word SLANG.
- Your finished post Must contain the hashtag #urbanpoetrychallengeslang to be considered in this challenge.
- You’ll need to COPY/PASTE your completed POST LINK into the comment section of this prompt so everyone can read it. Your piece of poetry will encourage others to join in the fun of being creative.
- Hit the FOLLOW button on my blog, then I can follow you back and read your fantastic creative writing. To grow your blog, follow everyone or like their post or piece they created for the prompt.
Through the challenge prompts, I will encourage your creativity through particular word prompts with the challenge of a structured form of poetry.
- DISPLAY – Creativity by joining in the daily prompts here.
- WIN WIN – An opportunity to be selected for my up and coming eBook that will be put for sale on Amazon and receive my designer COFFEE CUP w/Urban Poetry Logo and quote. I will offer 5 designer coffee cups once a month to 5 WINNERS of the Challenge Prompt. The next opportunity to win will be on the 4th Saturday of every month, June 24th, 2017. Coffee cups are at the printers as we speak.
- GROW – Follow or comment on each individual’s poetry, and you will gain a flow of followers from these challenge prompts.
If these rules aren’t met, your post and link will be deleted. I am offering an opportunity for all, and this does take the time to read through everyone’s beautiful writing. My time is valuable too, so please follow the rules.
You can Re-Blogg this post if you wish! Thank you!
#1 Tools You Can Use Become a Great Writer of Your Own Blog.
You’ll need a WordPress Blog. Get yours here…WordPress Paid or Free.
For help with syllables. Use HowManySyllables.Com Counter
For help with a synonym or definition. Use Thesaurus.
For help with Grammar. Use Grammarly.
Good luck to all of you, and I am looking forward to reading your Fibonacci piece of poetry. Happy Writing!
Entries for “The Fibonacci Poetry Challenge.”
- Warbler @By Sarah Whiley
- Fibonacci Poem @Smell The Coffee
- Love Slang @Walk With God
- Slang Road Trip @Pipers Adventures
- Fib Poetry @The Impulsive Owl
- Timing @CharmedChaos
- Baseball Slang @Vox Hum Bug Site
- A Farm Fib @Wendy Mair Clark