In this free verse poetry, “Forming Loops”.
It’s the out with the old and in with the new, not in the material sense, but the pain of loss or love. Forming a new loop in the strings of life for the formidable future of living, of love, of life, one must go on. To let go of the emotions that held us stitched in a place of time. A free verse poetry and digital art piece to accentuate the emotion I’m feeling right now.
The old sweater had a
loop of thread exposed,
to find the end
and the beginning thereof;
It was his sweater.
It smelled of him, the places he’d been,
Mornings after he’d showered,
laced with his cologne and shaving creme,
With my tears sewn into
every stitch of its fabric,
I couldn’t let go.
The bright colors it once held,
faded and now memories.
I’ve been…worn out once too much,
with stitching holding scars.
Starting to crumble and fray.
But with every touch from you,
there are new stitching sewn so delicately,
into a colorful fabric of my life.
Promises were of memories,
of places, new smells.
Time will tell in the sequences
of our stitching of the threads.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
A free verse poetry.
Poetry Recital of “Forming Loops”.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also.
- Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.