A free verse poetry “Chasing Strawberry Droplets.”
Aw, the luxuries of summer, the endless warmth, the frozen treats, the laughter of children in the water. Picnics in the park, rollerblading around a block. Blue sky and me and you. A free verse and digital art piece retaking one to the days of summer.
on concrete squares
with a frozen creamsicle in hand,
and commits to
chasing its strawberry droplets
with her tongue,
down fingertips that taste so sweet.
Half-cracked smile emerges
on little-burned sun face.
A furry beast licks
fallen pink sweeten circles,
spinning around dazzling
and hoping for more.
To offer contentment.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Chasing Strawberry Droplets|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also.
- Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.