A free verse poetry, “Unearthing One’s Roots.”
In life, we choose whom we want around us, but sometimes our choices are of good intentions, but over time we find it wasn’t a good choice and we must move on. Some people put on a great illusion of grandeur. Some people carry weighted rocks and ask you to help them pack them. I say not! A free verse poetry and digital art piece to bring clarity to life.
Unearthing One’s Roots
There is a poem in standing trees.
You can hear words bending branches,
and a rustling of leaves.
A verse about truths of walking away
about things, or people
that no longer need to stay.
On the outside, it looks quite simple
like you need only to put on a scarf or coat.
It seems there isn’t anything less painful
than unearthing one’s roots.
The proof is in the tree stumps left behind.
For the price, others pay to flee.
For those of them,
they would have been happy
to extinguish their lives by half,
Just to be free.
And for those left behind,
life has known to grow another limb.
One should take up their roots,
for a part still remains.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Unearthing One’s Roots|
A free verse poetry.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
Unearthing One’s Roots, free verse poetry, letting go, life, love, life choices, daily prompt, post a day,