In this free verse poetry, “I Am a Twilight Girl”.
One can be many things, but staying true to one’s identity is the greatest gift one can give themselves. To hold fast under pressure of others negativity, fluxes of life. Love yourself completely and wholeheartedly. You’re are a beautiful soul born to succeed in many ways! A free verse and digital art piece to accentuate life.
I Am a Twilight Girl
I am a twilight girl.
I get shy.
I wake a lot.
More than I sleep.
More than I speak.
I keep my doubts close
like notations on the phone yet to delete.
I preserve things like precious moments
and frozen popsicles in 93-degree heat.
I nestle in the warmth of blankets to ward off a chill,
and the scariest of creatures. Quiet thoughts are the loudest,
more likely to comfort in soul and feed creative beast.
Cold I am when I walk in snow without boots.
My biggest fear is to drown.
My biggest goal is to shine twilight across dark souls.
To glow and rise as a new dawn.
I am a twilight girl.
You will find me cheerful at 4:30 am in the summer.
You will only ever see me with steam brimming off of coffee cup.
I will give you pieces to mull over in mind.
I write it all.
I think it not perfect.
I think of all of it, and it might not be kind, and it is.
But who cares what’s not perfect, when you’re enchanted by a 4:30 am new dawn rising and warmth of an ever-changing escape offering life, love, and hope.
Despite all the gray clouds and the uphill and downhill battles.
I still am colorful of lavender, red, and teal greens.
I still am colorful.
Still, a silent howl when you bend an ear.
I am a wild rose reaching for caress and trying not to wilt at the same time.
I am only noticed…in my most withered state if only my fallen petals are fragrant enough for you to inhale, and to see the frailty of life.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|I Am a Twilight Girl|
A free verse poetry.
The wheel of life turns differently for each soul. Find your dirt and plant seeds.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
I am a twilight girl, free verse poetry, happiness, life, love, twilight girl, romance, daily prompt, post a day, twilight