In this Acrostic poem, “Mornings.”
If you’re new in the learning of poetry, it can be quite challenging. There are so many forms one can use to write poetry. But if you love to write, it can become addicting too. Today, my challenge was to write an acrostic poem. My word is “Morning”. And to describe in a poetic manner.
M ornings, and I long to rise from sleepfulness.
O penings to the daylight and blue.
R adiance from a yellow glow I seek.
N ew glitter hangs from splinters of green.
I lluminance cast its reflection on colorful surfaces.
N ew petals and fragrance are playful upon my eyes and nose.
G reen and lavender patterns I enjoy over coffee on the porch.
S ymplicity tethers the beauty of nature and color in its best.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
An Acrostic Poem.
What is an Acrostic poem?
An acrostic is a poem, where the first letters of the lines spell out a topic or title of the poem. Acrostic poems may or may not have a rhyming scheme. Look at my example above, the title is “mornings”, each line I used the letter M, O, R, N, I, N, G, S, to create a non-rhyming acrostic poem.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
mornings, acrostic poem, poetry, dew drops, the beauty of nature, enlightenment, scents, life, daily prompt,