In this challenge prompt, “A Cinquain Poetry!”
Join our 2nd challenge prompt, “the Cinquain Poetry Challenge” where you can have the chance to be in my poetry eBook and win, win, win, an opportunity for one of my designer coffee mugs. Follow the instructions below…
Today, we are going to create what is called a “Cinquain Poetry.” This piece of poetry consists of 5 lines and is an unrhymed poem. Each line has a set number of syllables. This syllable pattern goes like this 2, 4, 6, 8, 2,. Here’s my example below.
Cinquain Poetry Example:
I’m a flower.
Of soft-spoken petals.
Gentle in nature, extinct breed.
A cinquain poetry.
Today’s Weekly Challenge Word: is “Rare.”
Rules to join the Challenge Prompt:
If ONE wants to participate in the weekly prompts here:
- Publish a NEW POST on your WordPress Blog using the word RARE.
- Your finished post Must contain the hashtag #urbanpoetrychallengesrare to be considered in this challenge.
- You’ll need to COPY/PASTE your completed ***POST-LINK*** into the comment section of this prompt so everyone can read it. Your piece of poetry will encourage others to join in the fun of being creative.
- Hit the FOLLOW button on my blog, then I can follow you back and read your fantastic creative writing. To grow your blog, follow everyone or like their post or piece they created for the prompt.
Through the challenge prompts, I will encourage your creativity through particular word prompts with the challenge of a structured form of poetry.
- DISPLAY – Creativity by joining in the daily prompts here.
- WIN WIN – An opportunity to be selected for my up and coming eBook that will be put for sale on Amazon and receive my designer COFFEE CUP w/Urban Poetry Logo and quote. I will offer 5 designer coffee cups once a month to 5 WINNERS of the Challenge Prompt. The next opportunity to win will be on the 4th Saturday of every month, July 29th, 2017. Coffee cups are at the printers as we speak.
- GROW – Follow or comment on each individual’s poetry, and you will gain a flow of followers from these challenge prompts.
If these rules aren’t met, your post and link will be deleted. I am offering an opportunity for all, and this does take the time to read through everyone’s beautiful writing. My time is valuable too, so please follow the rules.
You can Re-Blogg this post if you wish! Thank you!
#1 Tools You Can Use Become a Great Writer of Your Own Blog.
You’ll need a WordPress Blog. Get yours here…WordPress Paid or Free.
For help with syllables. Use HowManySyllables.Com Counter
For help with a synonym or definition. Use Thesaurus.
For help with Grammar. Use Grammarly.
Good luck to all of you, and I am looking forward to reading your cinquain piece of poetry.
Entries for “The Cinquain Poetry Challenge.”
- Rare Cinquain Poetry @WandSandUnicorns
- Undress @Smell The Coffee
- Precious @CalifornianMarsyas
- Rare Love @Dandelion1608
- Rare @0hmz
- Cinquain King @ CharmedChaos
- Nature Cinquain @KS2307
- Rare Sight @Storiesto