In this free verse poetry, “A Song of Dancing Feet”.
Life is sweet and savage at the same time. Look at the bear, who looks too adorable until he becomes hungry, then his humble demeanor tears at the shreds of existence. I have lived the effects of both sides of life. To struggle so hard at times, then it can be so tender.
This free verse poetry and digital art piece offer a perspective this through words.
A Song of Dance
It is passionate that I dance.
This pattern of a song from feet.
Weighted with body, and soul
and what of the body,
and how much I choose to carry.
I’ve trudged this countryside,
cleared many broken limbs from the past.
Fight off the savage dogs.
Outran the cold to cuddle near burning fires.
Peeled me a home to rest.
And am still breathing.
Feathered your ashes across mountaintops.
Now you sleep in my memories.
I massage my feet upon the pebbles of time.
Trust in the caress of his love.
Embracing tiny ebbs brushed from his heart.
At day’s end, I smile with tired bones.
But, it is passionate that I dance.
Trusting the touch of the morning,
and the kiss of the night with each step.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|A Song of Dance|
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, nor rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
a song of dancing feet, free verse, poetry, memories, yesterday, enlightenment, emotions, life, daily prompt, poet, struggles, challenges of life