In this piece of poetry, “A Drinking Tanka.”
Summer a goddess, of love, brilliance screams in petals. Silhouettes stroll along the sand, blue tickles twinkling toes, shimmering on white teeth under midnight kisses. A tantalizing tanka and digital art piece too.
A Drinking Tanka
Summer’s dress, warm lace,
and sapphire skin. Blessed flora.
Fluttering, hovering red.
And drinking inspiration.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|A Drinking Tanka|
A Tanka Poetry.
What is a Tanka?
A 5,7,5,7,7 syllable count in 5 lines of Japanese poetry, usually written about nature, seasons, love, sadness or high emotions.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
a drinking tanka, tanka verse, poetry, summer, nature, enlightenment, seasons, life, daily prompt, poet, enjoyment, summer life