A free verse poetry, “Swallowed Whole.”
Sometimes the darkness drowns, even the light. Thick clouds hover, shrouding doubts on faint of heart, then it pours. Deeper, deeper, within we go before we know, we are lost. Hiding in the shadows behind lies. When is it time, to find oneself?
You’ve swallowed yourself.
Completely whole. Why?
Shadows hold you captive.
You’re words scorched with blue.
A thick layer of paint.
To mask the real you.
A price to pay.
For bending ears to listen.
And is it covered in gold and glitter?
The TV is easier to watch.
Pacified by lies.
Until you look at its glare
and see yourself standing there.
Is there a way to reach inside of your soul.
And turn the inside…Outside.
Peel back hours buried.
Just to be yourself again.
Find that muffled voice
Wanting to cry out loud.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
swallowed whole, free verse, poetry, people, yesterday, enlightenment, emotions, life, daily prompt, poet, challenges of life, depression, sadness