A free verse poetry, “I Stand Strong”.
Clouds will yield rain, hail, thunderstorms beyond control. Sometimes an umbrella will repel raindrops. Then times, one must seek the shelter of a different kind, but still remain vigil. The soil of one’s mind can withstand many struggles, thoughts can grow beautiful images or dark shadows.
I Stand Strong
I have a vision of a tall tree.
It stands alone upon a hill.
Some branches have fallen
from it to a floor of green.
Lightning strikes, scorching its core.
Black ashes. Powdered across life.
The base is significant. Somehow it remains.
It withstands the tyranny of time.
Winds, stretch its branches.
It braces itself. Limber in its green.
These fingers offer things.
These fingers are forgiving.
Various beginnings sprout
Sunlight chases away gray.
I stand strong.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|I Stand Strong|
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
I stand strong, free verse, poetry, stand, strong, enlightenment, strength, life, daily prompt, poet, challenges, struggles of life,