A free verse poetry, “I Have Felt It”.
Oh, the volume we could speak if backed by integrity; if backed by the perception of processing of how to dialect is received. Somehow, we get lost in emotions and use verbiage that buries, hurts. It puts a strain on relationships, on family, on love. Growth comes in the deciphering of expression. The questions, why, what, when, where, and how? Learning to express with a conscience, humility to grow love.
I have felt its white expression.
I have felt the black inside—and outside too.
I have seen it ironic, and iconic in size.
I saw some in colors, some in gray.
I have watched how it captivates, enchants.
I have felt how it forms and sputters tempered by emotion.
I have felt how it draws tears from a deep well.
I have felt how it bruises within.
I have felt how its pierces the soul like an arrow.
I have seen how laced with poison, deadly enough it can kill.
Some could build fortresses; some remain in crumbles of debris.
Some breed success; and some breed frailty.
These little, uttered ebbs have an edge.
Expressed from an opening of lips.
Lips so luscious and beautiful.
Lips so masculine and taunt.
But of all of I’ve felt, it is to express love,
to be loved, in words, in humanity “I Love You!”.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
I have felt it, free verse poetry, poetry, words, usage of words, enlightenment, life, daily prompt, express with a conscience