An acrostic poem, “Awakening”.
Wake to the beckoning of a new dawn, the smell of a fresh breeze coming through the window. It smells of dampness, dew, and dust. It has Summer written all over it. An acrostic poem and digital art piece to draw you into the awakening of a morning.
Willing new dawn rises with Hello.
A little birds chirp. Singing
Keen, bright melodies
Emerging orange sun dares
Newly summer day
Idol eyelids wakeup call
Nuances soothing faces
Gratitude for another day
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
An Acrostic Poem.
What is an Acrostic poem?
An acrostic is a poem, where the first letters of the lines spell out a topic or title of the poem. Acrostic poems may or may not have a rhyming scheme. Look at my example above, the title is “mornings”, each line I used the letter A, W, A, K, E, N, I, N, G, to create a non-rhyming acrostic poem.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
awakening, acrostic poem, poetry, soul awakening, a new dawn awakening, enlightenment, life, daily prompt, morning has to awaken