A free verse poetry, “The Rusty Gate”.
He wore a scowl off arched cheekbones. Wrinkles between brows. Daring black eyes pierced through to my heart. I felt his pain. I smiled, backed it with a friendly hello. He spoke with splintered pieces. Harsh edges came from his mouth. I smiled again and said; How can I help? He muttered, pointed a wavering finger at the meat cuts. I continued with a smile with everything he wanted from the deli. He walked away.
The Rusted Gate
A rusted, hinged gate.
Or a port of entrance.
One side is daunting blackness.
Latched with decay and oxidation.
Painted bitterness of scars.
Some say, leave a gate as you found it.
I dare to abide.
Under all that paint and rusted scars.
I see color. I see blue.
I chip away one day at a time.
One layer at a time.
Painting small doses of love.
Over slated boards and rusty bolts.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|The Rusted Gate|
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
the rusty gate, free verse poetry, poetry, love, bitterness, enlightenment, life, daily prompt, express with love,