In this free verse poetry, “Spinning Tales Over Tea and Cookies “.
They might just be sweet, or sour, but they are what they are. Maybe a lesson, or another blessing. But they’re a tale worth spinning. Each holds a weight in the learning, the joy, and the challenge to our children. Valuable key pieces to bringing up successful, balanced young adults.
Just moments they were.
But in them so much.
Hot steaming water poured over tea bags.
In grandma’s gold encrusted tea cups.
The best part was.
The steam and aroma, how it seemed to swirl
around her laughter.
The tales she would spin, as we dosed our tea
with cream and honey.
The rain seemed to be a comfort too.
On those cold days. The pitter patter sound
and the way the tea went down open throats.
It felt like music.
With each line, she told, each sip became sweeter,
a crescendo, my eyes would widen with
the pitch of her story
or was it the tea and the moment.
I loved it all. Grandma is long from this world, but still,
I have memories of her and the tales she spun.
So now here I sit, like so many times at
spinning tales over tea and cookies
to her with those sparkling brown eyes.
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
|Spinning Tales Over Tea and Cookies|
A Free Verse Poetry.
What is Free Verse Poetry?
A piece of poetry is free of form, no metrics or structure. No limitations, rhyming or non-rhyming scheme.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab My 1st Edition Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017. My 1st Edition of my first 50 pieces of poetry I have written is now available in a downloadable poetry eBook “Impressions of My Mind”—Amazon for .99cts. http://amzn.to/1tGqkQL
- Grab a Cell Phone Case or Handbag with my Quotes & Digital Designs: Do you love viewing creative digital art? I’m offering my quotes and digital designs on designer cross body bags, cell phone cases, etc. Click Here – Urban Poetry & Fashion Accessories.
- Click the Follow Button: If you enjoy DIGITAL DESIGNS, HAIKU, POETRY, QUOTES… Be sure to click the follow button up at the top right-hand corner.
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
Spinning Tales Over Tea and Cookies, free verse poetry, poetry, grandma and tea, spinning tales over tea, enlightenment, life, memories, grandma, daily prompt,